A quick overview on Gartner’s vision on digital customer service in the future? We’ll share 5 main topics of their ‘2020 Market Guide for Digital Customer Service and Support Technologies’.
Curious to know more? Download the full report here.
- Build your customer service design around continuous orchestration and continuous activities in a digital-first world.Gartner defines the digital customer service market as consisting of software applications that enable customer service and support to engage customers through their preferred digital communication channels, allowing for the management of persistent dialogues and communications. A digital customer service solution is built around conversation orchestration and the availability of continuous intelligence.
- Invest in technology supporting a blend of digital engagement channels.Focus on technologies that will form part of a next-generation customer engagement strategy. Vendors in this market have evolved to support an increasingly diverse set of digital customer interaction types — such as chat, chatbots, messaging, social media and outbound alerts or push notifications.
- Sustain continuous conversations at scale by establishing a robust self-service and automation approach that is supported by AIAccording to Gartner, by 2023, 30% of customer service organizations will deliver proactive customer service using artificial intelligence, process orchestration and continuous intelligence.And by 2025, 40% of customer service engagements will be handled in the first contact through self- service or assisted service, with no need for opening a ticket or case.Take in account the 7 must-haves of a Digital Customer Service platform according to Gartner.Digital Engagement
- Easily connect on many different digital engagement channels.Conversation Orchestration
Seamless orchestration of customer dialogue across digital channelsKnowledge Mgt. Support
Access & management of relevant knowledge assetsContinuous Intelligence
Real-time analysis and advanced analytics enabling orchestration and personalisationAutomation of Engagement
Auto- & semi-automated conversations using AI to improve engagementAgent Desktop
Efficient contact center agents standalone desktopIntegration Capabilities
Integration of various sources of data to provide context aware information to service agents
- Channelless thinking is the future of customer expierence
The time has come in customer service to apply new, channelless thinking. Application leaders must deliver a unified customer service experience in a world with an increasing array of digital touchpoints and interaction modalities.Application leaders need to transcend omnichannel and embrace multiexperience. This will allow them to achieve greater customer experience (CX) outcomes in a world driven by digital experiences.
Got inspired and curious for the full report? You can download it here.